As an Amazon Associate, Den of Laptop earns from qualifying purchases.
Experiencing an overheated GPU that is affecting your work and the system’s performance? Thermal pads are what you need as they are made to fill the gaps that will increase the efficiency of the working of the CPU/GPU.
Thermal pads have high heat conductivity, making them ideal for cooling components that create less heat than a CPU or GPU, motherboard chipsets, etc. Considering all the wonder that thermal pads do, we have created this article to review the best thermal pads for GPU and CPU. After rigorous testing and extreme heat generation in PC, I found these most efficient and robust thermal pads for GPU and CPU.
- 1 Best Thermal Pads for GPU and CPU (2022)
- 2 Factors When Buying Thermal Pads for CPU and GPU
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 4 Final Verdict
Best Thermal Pads for GPU and CPU (2022)
Our first product has to be the Gelid, as it deserves all the popularity it had. The Gelid cones in two forms of thickness between 0.5 and 1.0 mm, make them high-performance thermal pads. GELID does not manufacture a pad with a thickness of 2.5 millimeters; nevertheless, all GP-Extreme and GP-Ultimate pads are rated to compress by up to forty percent.
Talking about the product’s construction, on both sides, it says Gelid, which comes with essential features of non-toxic and non-curing material that will make it last longer. Even when operating at high temperatures, it doesn’t melt for a bit with a temperature range of 60 -120 degrees, so that’s a win for any thermal pad.
In addition, the thermal conductivity of the Gelid is 12W/mK. These thermal pads are made of soft material to provide high thermal power and you will get quiet GPU. The product with its dimensions is itself proof of the best.
- They incorporate a high thermal conductivity unit.
- They are eco-friendly and non-conductive.
- They have a simple and easy application
- Entirely buildup of flexible and soft material
- Compatible with expensive models
- Brand: Gelid
- Dimensions: 15 x 1.57 x 0.08 inches
- Weight: 704 ounces
PCB panels, VGA cards, laptops, gaming systems, chipsets, and memory integrated circuits are excellent applications for the GP EXTREME sizes. In addition to this, the GP-EXTREME has dimensions of 80 mm by 40 mm and is non-conductive to electrical current.
As we all know, Gelid Solutions are famous worldwide for its VGA and CPU cooling accessories. Gelid is a Latin word that means a very cold or icy thing. The thermal pads of Gelid are well designed and extremely long-lasting. GP Ultimate is another famous production of Gelid.
It is one of the best thermal pads for GPU and comes in five different thicknesses: 0.5 mm, 1.0 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 2.5 mm, and 3.0 mm. You can easily connect it with circuit boards, microcontrollers, chipsets, MOSFETs, analog ICs, or any high-temperature SMD. It provides excellent thermal contact with heat sinks. Moreover, it comes with protective layers on both sides. One protective layer is of shiny blue color and has a pattern.
Further, it provides ultimate thermal conductivity of about 15 W per MK. Thanks to its multilayer design and high-quality manufacturing material that can adequately fill the room. It is an extremely easy-to-use pad and comes with 90 × 50 mm dimensions.
- Available in five different sizes
- Extended temperature range of -60 to 220 degree
- Excellent adherence
- Electrically insulated
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive
- It comes with protective layers on both sides
- Some buyers complained that it squashed under high pressure
- A bit harder as compared to GP extreme pads
- Brand: nkomax
- Dimensions: 35 x 1.77 x 0.06 inches
- Weight:76 ounces
These thermal pads come in the highest range compared to other Gelid pads. I would highly recommend them due to their excellent thermal conductivity and special sizes that can easily fit into your device. You can also combine it with thermal paste to further increase heat absorption giving you a cool PC.
This thermal pad is made of carbon fibers with nanoparticles and offers superb flexibility due to its specially made polymer. It has a lot of elasticity, due to which it easily adapts to any surface. The carbon fibers are excellent at absorbing heat, making Thermal Grizzly Carbonaut series pads one of the best alternatives for thermal pads.
It is a reusable thermal pad and will not dry out like thermal pastes. It is the best pad for GPU and has very high thermal conductivity even under a little pressure. You can also use it with a CPU or any other device that heats up quickly.
An important thing that you must pay attention to is that this pad is electrically conductive. So, you must avoid any contact between transformers/ transistors and thermal pads.
- Superb flexibility due to its specially made polymer
- It covers even the smallest unevenness with its soft gap filler properties
- It lasts more than 15 years
- Five different sizes are available
- Not electrically conductive
- It is extremely fragile and may tear apart if you are not very careful while installing it.
- Brand: Thermal Grizzly
- Dimension: 94 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches
- Weight: 352 ounces
If you are looking for the best flexible thermal pad for your GPU or CPU, you must consider the fantastic Carbonaut. The best thing about this thermal pad is that you won’t have to worry about the slightest gap. Also, its long-lasting material keeps your laptop quiet for a longer time.
ARCTIC always provides innovative solutions and is famous for incorporating new features according to users’ requirements. There is no doubt that they are always committed to delivering high-performance products to their customers.
TP-2 (APT2560) is one of ARCTIC’s most running GPU Thermal pads. You can easily connect it with the heat-producing parts of your laptop. Especially if your laptop body is made up of aluminum or any other metal, it will dissipate heat more effectively. Hence, your laptop will be overall cooler.
Further, these pads are very easy to remove or relocate due to their non-stick surface. Even if you are a beginner, you can easily install it on your laptop without squashing it. Also, this fantastic pad is very safe to use because it does not have any metal particles and is electrically non-conductive.
- Excellent thermal conductivity with its silicone-based
- Easy to remove or relocate due to their non-sticky material
- Electrically non-conductive
- High compressibility and low hardness ensure perfect gap filling
- Some buyers complained about their packaging, as the sheet is loose inside the envelope.
- It May break apart if you apply it directly to the heat
- Brand: ARCTIC
- Dimensions: 5 mm
- Weight: 0.353 ounces
ARCTIC TP 2 is an ideal thermal pad for steamy laptops. Especially if you are more into gaming or your laptop is frequently used for longer intervals, then APT 250 is for you.
OwlTree is another non-toxic, non-corrosive, anti-static, fire retardant, and odorless thermal pad. It is made of thermal silica gel and provides a heat absorption of about 6.0 W/ mK. Moreover, it is an electrically insulated thermal pad with an operating temperature range of -40 to 200o C.
It is the best GPU thermal pad for electrical and electronic products. You can install it in your notebook computer, automotive machinery, VCDs, DVDs, computer hosts, or any other device that heats up quickly. Moreover, its elasticity and softness make it a perfect pad to cover the slightest imperfections.
This fantastic pad comes in four different thicknesses: 0.5, 1, 1.5, and 2 mm. You can choose the one that fits the air gap of your device. Its electrical plugs are specially designed according to USA standards, and voltage and outlets vary internationally.
- Amazing heat absorption of 6.0 W/mK
- With its soft and elastic material, it covers even the slightest unevenness.
- Various sizes available
- It can bear high temperatures up to 200o
- We May need an additional adapter/convertor
- Brand: OwlTree
- Dimensions: 42 x5.39 x 0.28 inches
- Weight: 3.87 ounces
It is a good thermal pad for footpads, external pads, motherboards, or other electronic products. Even you can also install it on your card machine. If you are thinking of shifting from thermal pastes to pads, you must consider this one.
The Thermalright comes with all the right features essential for CPU/GPU. They are quite easy to use, and so is the installation process. Besides their thickness, the pads are adhesive, which will prevent them from moving from the place.
It is made up of a material known as polymer, not like other thermal pads made up of aluminum, etc. Polymer makes it all worth getting as it will be the main source of your high-performance CPU/GPU.
Build with conductive material to tolerate the non-conducting surface of the system. You can use these thermal pads with almost any CPU, being the most versatile pads and incorporating reliable composition.
- They don’t damage any metal materials.
- They make perfect contact with the surfaces.
- They are good for filling the gaps.
- They are entirely made up of non-corrosive construction.
- They get tricky sometimes, from their temperature.
- For some customers, the thermal pad mod doesn’t work with the Thermalright pads
- Brand: Nkomax
- Dimension:35 x 1.77 x 0.06 inches
- Weight: 50 Grams
These thermal pads can be trimmed freely to suit your requirements and are ideal for filling any gaps between contact surfaces. In addition, they are of incredible help to both novices and experienced specialists in the field.
If you are searching for a unique product that can make you fall in love with thermal pads, you must consider getting this one. The thermopad thermals are titanium dioxide-coated enough with ceramic silicone for significant heat transfer.
They have a dioxide coating with ceramic silicone for significant heat transfer. The thermal pad is very easy to use, and it is flexible enough to fit in even the tightest spaces. It is compatible with multiple devices but does wonders for the CPU.
They are mostly used in temperatures below the freezing level, with large uneven gaps. Thermal Grizzly thermal pads are a good alternative to using standard thermal compounds and can be used in their place.
- Capable enough to carry heat well.
- They can be compressed easily.
- Act as an electrical insulator
- They are compatible enough with PS3, PS4, and also PS5.
- They are on the expensive side as compared to their size.
- Brand: Thermal Grizzly
- Dimensions:18 x 1.18 x 0.02 inches
- Weight:353 ounces
They can be reused, have a highly elastic and versatile surface, and have an exceptional capacity to conduct heat. These thermal heating pads are suitable for heat sinks alongside other heating elements.
Factors When Buying Thermal Pads for CPU and GPU
Sizing of thermal pads:
In computing, thermal pads are used to factor out the heat and noise created by your central processing unit (CPU). They are available in various forms and dimensions; thus, it is essential to select the model that best accommodates the cooling requirements of your CPU.
The thickness of thermal pads:
The thermal pad’s thickness is an important component that should be considered when selecting how well it will function. Thermal pads that are excessively thin will have poor surface contact.
A thermal pad should be as thin as feasible while still providing sufficient surface contact. A material with a lower thickness will have a higher thermal conductivity and be more straightforward to apply.
Conductivity & hardness of thermal pads:
The thermal conductivity of a material indicates how well it transfers heat from one location to another. On the other side, you also need to think about the hardness of the material used in it for better performance of the thermal pads.
Compressing a thermal pad is made more difficult by the pad’s increased resistance to compression. When selecting a thermal pad for use with a heat sink that applies pressure through springs, this should be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it required to have thermal pads for the GPU?
You can use thermal pads with your central processing unit (CPU), you can buy them, and they are readily available; nonetheless, thermal paste is preferable to thermal pads.
- Is using thermal paste preferable to using thermal pads?
We recommend using a thermal pad rather than applying thermal paste if you are unsure how much thermal paste you should apply or if you believe the process to be too delicate. On the other hand, if you are willing to go through the process, a thermal paste is the option that you should go with.
- Do thermal pads have any effect?
Thermal pads are particularly effective with any substrate since they come in various materials, although they are not as compressible as thermal paste. In addition, unlike thermal grease, thermal pads do not suffer from the same kinds of performance degradation over time.
Thermal pads are an excellent investment to maintain your vehicle’s peak performance level. Picking the right one can be a challenging and time-consuming process.
In addition, unlike thermal grease, thermal pads do not suffer from the same kinds of performance degradation over time. Thus, they can keep their initial level of effectiveness even after extended use.
- Our first recommendation has to be this GP Ultimate Thermal Pad, as it is a non-corrosive, electrically insulated, non-toxic, and non-hardening thermal pad. The operating temperature of this thermal pad is between -60 to 220 degrees which is much extended compared to many other pads available on the market.
- For the second product, Carbonaut by Thermal Grizzly has made its name in the list of best thermal pads for CPU and GPU because this fantastic thermal pad full fills the requirements of both IT enthusiasts and players with its high-quality thermal absorption.